If your WordPress web site has been blacklisted by Google and you are getting the following message on Google (Site is listed as suspicious):
What is the current listing status for mysite.com?
Site is listed as suspicious – visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.
These are the steps you need to take:
- Scan your site for malware. You need to identify what is wrong, so you can fix and get de-listed. The best FREE tool to scan a site for malware is http://sitecheck.sucuri.net
- Once you identified the malware, remove it as soon as possible.
- If you are using an old version of WordPress, make sure to upgrade it to the latest version asap.
- Go through all your plugins and upgrade them as well.
- To finish, submit a blacklist review on Google to get your site de-listed.
- To avoid repeated security problems, we recommend the following WordPress plugin to protect your site: http://sucuri.net/wordpress-security-monitoring
Sounds complicated, but it is not. If you need a professional to do it for you, sign up for our Malware removal service. We are affordable, quick and we get the job done correctly.