Sucuri is looking for a technical support engineer to join our team. This engineer would be responsible for handling and resolving monitoring, backups and website configuration issues across different platforms and hosting companies. Our support team is global, with team members across all continents. So the ideal candidate would be able to work in a fast-pace, high-demand and global team remotely.
- General understanding of security principles and use good security practices in general.
- Linux experience – CLI and cPanel
- Experience with Apache, Nginx and other web servers
- Experience with WordPress, Joomla, Magento, vBulletin and other CMS's
- Strong foundation of how DNS, FTP/SFTP, web, firewalls, CDNs and the internet work.
- Strong communications skills, ticket-focused customer support with aptitude for providing great service.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- You care.
- You get it done.
- You take ownership for your projects.
- You have high standards and want to make a difference with your work.
- You are able to work independently with little oversight
- You are organized – you prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently, especially in a fast-paced environment
Optional / Nice to Haves:
- Shell scripting / automation
- Open source and community participation and contributions a plus
Please submit your resume
If this positions sounds like something you think you’d be able to excel at then we want to hear from you. Apply with your resume and let us know why you’d be awesome to work with. Small, but important note please submit your resume in .txt format, and include word “megatron” somewhere in your email. This will help to assure us you read job description carefully.